WHAT TO BRING
What To Bring
(A Gear List is sent out prior to the course)
Avalanche Rescue Gear:
- Metal Shovel
- Avalanche Transceiver
- Collapsible Probe with markings).
- Avalanche Airbag Backpack (we highly reccomend using an airbag)
- Appropriate backcountry ski gear (AT skis, Tele skis, Splitboard).
- Ski poles and skins
- Good backcountry pack that fits gear well
- Map of area if you have it.
- Cell Phone
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Small functional First Aid Kit ( wound management / tape, etc.) – at least 2 kits in group
- Multi-purpose small Leatherman Tool or similar
- Repair kit (pertinent to your mode of travel)
- Wool or synthetic long underwear
- Appropriate ski touring jacket & pants (lightweight gortex shells with leg and arm vents are ideal)
- Extra warm down/synthetic fill jacket for keeping warm when doing snow pits
- Ski hat
- Mid layer top
- Extra set gloves (use lighter ones for uphill)
- Pencil and pen
- Note pad
- Coffee mug/travel mug (we are trying to reduce waste)
- Food/water/thermos for field days (please bring a packed lunch for each day). 3-5 hours in the field each day.
**Optional: Locking Carabiner, bit of extra webbing/sling, duck tape, zip ties, space blanket etc can be useful items to carry.
**Please make sure you have tried any new gear out before the course to ensure it is in good working order.