Change your riding! Learn the backcountry riding skills that make the sport more enjoyable with top pro/instructor Tony Jenkins. Our goal is to increase your confidence and skills with a fun learning progression.
- Setting up your snowmobile for your body profile and why.
- Throttle and brake control.
- Techniques and body position.
- Being on edge.
- Downhill u-turns.
- Choosing lines.
- When to commit and much more.
Better skills=more fun, more terrain and less getting stuck.
This One Day Backcountry Snowmobile Skills Class is for riders who don’t have the energy or time for a two day class. Great introduction to off trail powder riding techniques. Class will take place in open areas, no tight trees. Grand Mesa has 800 sq miles of riding and some of the best riding in the west.
What to bring:
- A working snowmobile. Lol. Please go through your sled and test ride before attending.
- Avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe. If you do not have, we can supply. Let us know.
- Food, water, snacks. We will be out all day.
- Two pairs of gloves.
- Face protection.
- Extra layers.
- All survival and avalanche gear should be in a back pack.
To Sign Up Call Grand Mesa Lodge at 970-856-3250
0900 – Start safety briefing and introduction along with buddy checks.
0930 – 1000 – Setting your snowmobile up for your body profile and why.
1000 – 1030 – Head out to desired location.
1030 – 1130 – Go over technique and body position. Downhill U-turns.
1130 – 1230 – (Practice), Instructors will assist one on one.
Lunch and review
1330 – 1430 – Move to new location with steeper terrain and go over being on edge is in control. (Practice) Sidehilling.
1430 – 1630– Throttle control and brake control.
1630 – Review and questions
Course is 1 day, from 9am to 4pm.
Date Offered: Friday, January 13th
Venue: Grand Mesa Lodge • Cedaredge, Colorado. Operated under a US Forest Service Permit in the Grand Mesa National Forest. 800 sq miles of riding.
Time: 9:00am -4:00pm
Lodging: Grand Mesa Lodge: www.grandmesalodge.com
Limited to 8 students