Change your riding! Learn the backcountry riding skills that make the sport more enjoyable with top pro/instructors. Our goal is to increase your confidence and skills with a fun learning progression.
- Setting up your snowmobile for your body profile and why.
- Throttle and brake control.
- Techniques and body position.
- Being on edge.
- Downhill u-turns.
- Choosing lines.
- When to commit and much more.
Better skills=more fun, more terrain and less getting stuck.
This One Day Backcountry Snowmobile Skills Class is for riders who don’t have the energy or time for a two day class. Great introduction to off trail powder riding techniques. Class will take place in open areas, no tight trees. Silverton and the surrounding area offers some of the best riding in the west.
- 0900 – Start safety briefing and introduction along with buddy checks.
- 0930 – 1000 – Setting your snowmobile up for your body profile and why.
- 1000 – 1030 – Head out to desired location.
- 1030 – 1130 – Go over technique and body position. Downhill U-turns.
- 1130 – 1230 – (Practice), Instructors will assist one on one.
- Lunch and review
- 1330 – 1430 – Move to new location with steeper terrain and go over Sidehilling.
- 1430 – 1630– Throttle control and brake control.
- 1630 – Review and questions
What to bring:
- A working snowmobile.
- Avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe. We can supply if you do not have them.
- Food, water, snacks. We will be out all day.
- Two pairs of gloves, Face protection, Extra layers.
- All survival and avalanche gear should be in a back pack.
Course is 1 day, from 9am to 4pm.
Date Offered: TBA – Stay Tuned!
Time: 9:00am -4:00pm
Limited to 8 students