This is a 1 day class that goes over the basics of splitboarding.
In order to make the awesomeness of Splitfest more inclusive to those newer to splitboarding, we are offering a full day of guiding and instruction on basic splitboard skills and riding techniques.
Who should take this course:
- Riders who want to try splitboarding
- Riders who ride the struggle bus when on a tour with their skier friends
- Splitboarders who want to better their technique in both modes
- Splitboarders who want to boost their confidence
- Newer splitboarders who want to experience Splitfest but are unfamiliar with the backcountry around Silverton
Topics will include:
- How to use the splitboard gear properly
- How to have efficient transitions
- How to read terrain as a rider
- Setting a proper skin track
- Splitboarding hacks
- Riding techniques in variable conditions
- Basic avalanche awareness
You will end the day feeling ready to split tour and maximize your future experiences!