This is a 1 day class that goes over the basics of splitboarding.
In order to make the awesomeness of Splitfest more inclusive to those newer to splitboarding, we are offering a full day of guiding and instruction on basic splitboard skills and riding techniques. This is the first year that the Silverton Avalanche School is offering this opportunity and we are beyond stoked for Michael Ackerman to be the lead guide. Ackerman is a die hard splitboarder and has been thriving, guiding and riding in the San Juans for 10 years.
Who should take this course:
- Riders who want to try splitboarding
- Riders who ride the struggle bus when on a tour with their skier friends
- Splitboarders who want to better their technique in both modes
- Splitboarders who want to boost their confidence
- Newer splitboarders who want to experience Splitfest but are unfamiliar with the backcountry around Silverton
Topics will include:
- How to use the splitboard gear properly
- How to have efficient transitions
- How to read terrain as a rider
- Setting a proper skin track
- Splitboarding hacks
- Riding techniques in variable conditions
- Basic avalanche awareness
You will end the day feeling ready to split tour and maximize your future experiences!