This is a 1 day class that dives into advanced touring aspects of splitboarding.
After 7 years of navigating Splitfest, we have seen patterns of intermediate/advanced splitboarders wanting to have more structured splitboard instruction in addition to having exposure to a bigger tour than they would have planned on their own. This Intermediate Splitboard stand alone day course will have you feeling more confident in your backcountry skills and excited to practice splitboarding hacks from a pro.
This is the first year that the Silverton Avalanche School will offer this opportunity and we are beyond stoked for Michael Ackerman to be the lead guide. Ackerman is a die hard splitboarder and has been thriving, guiding, educating and riding in the San Juans for 10 years. Learn more by visiting his website at michaelackerman.org
Who should take this course:
- Splitboarders with a couple of seasons under their belt
- Splitboarders who want to elevate their riding to the next level
- Splitboarders looking to refine their skills
- Intermediate/advanced riders from outside the area looking to have a big day out with a professional who knows the area well
Topics covered will include:
- How to be the most efficient rider in both modes
- Using terrain to your advantage
- Advanced trip planning
- Splitboarding hacks
- Basic avalanche awareness
- Killer Tour around Silverton!