- This event has passed.
Avalanche Rescue: December 7th, 2017
December 7, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$100
Avalanche Rescue is a one-day stand alone course that is intended to be retaken on a regular basis in order to keep abreast of best practices in rescue techniques and gear. New participants will learn the basics of companion rescue, while return participants will expand their skill set with advanced topics and realistic scenario practice to help improve their skills after the course.
Each participant will have the opportunity to receive professional coaching their rescue skills and will receive a rescue card acknowledging completion date at course end.
All students will have the opportunity to get feedback from an instructor on their rescue skills and timed practice with a realistic scenario. Students who have previously taken an AIARE 1 or an Avalanche Rescue Course will find value in having a professional help them set up a realistic scenario, practice skills in a realistic setting, receive feedback from an instructor, keep up with current best practices, and have an opportunity to practice advanced rescue skills.
Who Should Take this Course
The Avalanche Rescue Course is a one-day course aimed both at new and experienced recreationists, and aspiring snow professionals.
Students must be able to travel in avalanche terrain and bring appropriate equipment for traveling on snow to class. There are no other prerequisites. Avalanche Rescue is a prerequisite for the Recreational Level 2 and Pro 1 courses. It is recommended that all backcountry travelers keep their skills current by taking an Avalanche Rescue Course and receiving a rescue card at least every other year.
Course runs 1 day from 8am-5pm
- Dates: Thursday, December 7th, 2017
- Cost: $110
- Cost Includes: Level 1 rescue card upon successful completion of the course.
- Not Included: Lodging, Food, and Transportation. See our Getting Here page for area information.
- Venue: Kendall Mountain Recreation Center • Silverton, CO (Subject to change)
- Cancellation Policy: A $35.00 fee is charged for course date transfers. 60% of the course cost can be refunded up to 30 days prior to the course start. No refunds are provided for cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the start of the course for which you are registered. Unfortunately we cannot give refunds, rainchecks or cancellations if passes into Silverton are closed (best arrive early if the weather forecast is big).